Pandamasque
  • Администратор

Kyiv

Болею за: Ecurie Simotorsport
    Любимая марка: Aston Martin
    Любимая трасса: Nurburgring Nordschleife

Отправлено 28 Апрель 2012 - 18:13

Изображение

Downloads & Servers (last update on Apr. 21)
TeamSpeak
Regulations and BoP
Entry list & Spotter guide
Live Timing & Fastest Lap Chart
Live Streaming

Sunday, 29.04.2012 - Schedule

Practice (55 min., open session)
CET 09:00
UK time 08:00
GMT 07:00

Race (12 hours)
CET 10:00
UK time 09:00
GMT 08:00

STARING GRID

In-game qualifying start time - 11:00, Time Multiplier - x1 (no acceleration).

After the morning practice session, at 7:55 GMT (9:55 CET) the server will be switched to Warm Up. This session will last for about 5 minutes and is dedicated to setting up the grid order and solving any last minute issues. Driving is not allowed, unless you have personal permission from the organizers! Please refrain from any unnecessary chat messages that may distract from more important things and delay the start. If you need to leave the server and rejoin (to restart rFactor or whatever), please let the organizers know before leaving the server.

Using rFactor chat during the race is strictly prohibited. After the server is switched to Race session you will have 30 seconds to click on [Race] and appear on the grid. Once you do so, turn your engine off to avoid overehating (make use you have Ignition and Starter keys mapped). Remember your starting position, take note of the cars around you. Some drivers accidentally overtake the car on the same row while starting a formation lap. Approximately 30-40 seconds after the starting lights you may start the engine (there will be a chat message from RaceControl). The first lap of the race is a formation lap. Cars will slowly follow the Pace Car single-file without overtaking. During the formation lap it's only allowed to pass another car if it has left the track and/or is moving considerably slower than the rest of the grid. Should a car lose its grid position for any reason during the formation lap it is allowed to regain it in a safe and cautious manner. After the Pace Car leaves the track the leader is in control of the pace and may start accelerating up to the racing speed at any point after the final turn. Slowing down after the final turn on the formation lap can be considered dangerous driving. No car, excepting class leaders, is allowed to deliberately hold off other cars during the formation lap. GT1 and GT2 leaders are recommended to maintain a gap of 2-3 seconds behind the faster class.
If you have to start from the pitlane, do not click on [Race] before all the cars leave the grid. After clicking on [Race] you may carefully driver out of the garage and stop at the pit-exit lights. The light will go green when the cars reach sector 2 of the circuit. Then you may leave the pitlane and catch the back of the pack, where you must stay until the end of the formation lap.

Driver conduct and overtaking.
Should a car leave the track, the driver may rejoin, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage or hindering other cars. A driver must give back any advantage in track position or time, should it be gained by leaving the track.
If for any reason a car stops on the track (e.g. after a spin), a driver must remain stationary until it is safe to drive on without hindering other cars. Always check the radar at the bottom of rFactor in such situations before moving.
A driver can freely choose its driving line within the track. But whenever there is another car going side by side, it should be left enough room within the track (at least a car's width) at all times. It is not allowed to make more than one change of direction to defend the position on the straight.

Be extra careful under blue flags. Try to driver as predictable as you possibly can. Leave it up the faster cars to overtake you. Never go off the throttle exiting a corner if the faster car is till behind you. Try to stay on the racing line but leave enough room to a passing car when it’s about to go side-by-side.
The best places for lapping slower traffic are: exit of turn 1 on the left; T3 under braking on the left; exit of T5 into T6 on the left; T7 under braking on the right (must be very close before the braking zone); T10 under braking on the right; T13 under braking on the right (must be close on the exit of T12); exiting T13 on the right; T15 under braking on the right (must be close before the braking zone).
Avoid overtaking traffic in turn 1 on the outside or under late braking; between turns 3 and 5; T11 and T14; in the T15-16 complex.

Make sure to turn your engine off during the pit-stops to avoid overheating.

Cars leaving the pitlane tend to drive right into the exit of turn 1. In most cases their drivers can’t see the cars approaching from the start-finish straight. Should two cars encounter in such a situation it’s the responsibility of both drivers to avoid an accident. In any case the car leaving the pitlane must stay as far right as possible.

Respect the track limits. Track surface is a strip of asphalt/concrete marked with white lines on the sides. The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A car will be judged to have left the track if not a single wheel of the car remains in contact with the track. As an exception it is allowed to fully cross the line on the left (i.e. outside) edge of the turn 16, in turn 17 white lines can be ignored completely.

An automated rFactor message 'Headlights are now required' signifies that the session is officially dark, at which point any car with its headlights off, be it in the pitlane or on the track, will get disqualified automatically.

Finish
The checkered flag will be shown to the overall leader crossing the finish line after 12 hours of racing. The rest will finish afterwards.
It’s not allowed to use chat before the last car has finished the race.

In case of a server crash or significant connection issues on the server side, the race will be stopped. Race time will be stopped as well. The race will restart as soon as possible under the Pace Car that will lead the field for several laps. Previous race time and distance covered by each car will be taken into consideration. Any cars that retired before the Red Flag may rejoin the race.

It’s highly recommended to use TeamSpeak for inter-team communication. You may also contact race organizers and report an accident during the race.

Incidents may be reported during the race using the RaceControl channel in TeamSpeak. Incidents that can be thoroughly reviewed on the spot may result in immediate penalties on organizer's discretion. Other incidents will be reviewed after the race.

Regulations

Изображение

Even if you have great FPS, for stability reasons it’s not recommended to run maximum setting for opponent detail, texture detail, shadows, and shadow blur!

#2 Pandamasque

Pandamasque
  • Администратор

Kyiv

Отправлено 29 Апрель 2012 - 11:03

LIVE http://www.osrw.com/...tatic&view=live

Today we spend less time experiencing memories and more time editing them.

#3 Dimetrio

Dimetrio
  • Мод

Любимая марка: BMW
    Любимая трасса: Sebring, Circuit de la Sarthe

Отправлено 29 Апрель 2012 - 15:02

Very sorry for Simjunkies GT2 team. :cry: You did well guys.

#4 Pandamasque

Pandamasque
  • Администратор

Kyiv

Отправлено 29 Апрель 2012 - 16:01

+1 looked like a great battle.

#5 CasparGTL

CasparGTL
  • Участник
    Caspar de Jonge

Отправлено 29 Апрель 2012 - 16:59

+1 looked like a great battle.

It was, very exciting!
We knew that Lapshin-Botnarenko was the equipe to beat and we were close for hours!
Aurelien opened in a fantastic stint keeping Dmytro seconds behind all the time.
It was their second fastest driver and he stayed in the car while I took over from Aurelien
I was very nervous and still had to get used to the setup and I spun twice on the first lap....
Botnarenko passed and I looked at a 9-11 second gap.
Then I got into my stride a bit and kept it at 10 seconds.
Ronny came back from his nap and together we pushed me on.
It resulted in fast laps and by the end of the stint I was 2.5 seconds behind!
Ronny took over as did their fastest driver Lapshin and Ronny was soon 6 seconds in the lead!
Yeehaw!
Evgeny drove perfect pace and never let Ronny get away and by the end of Ronny's , shorter than planned because of tyre wear, stint the gap was still just 5 seconds.
Aurelien took over and I went for a break.
When I came back I saw a brick wall behind the car, standing still......
OH NO!
Yes, the car was out. Aurelien's game had crashed, very unfortunate.
Now Evgeny and Dmytro had no oposition close anymore, very sad for them too.
It could have been an epic battle until the end.

We would love to come again to your perfectly organised event!
And when we organise an enduro or other fun event we will let you know and I hope to meet you all again.
THANKS!!!

Caspar

#6 Maladoj

Maladoj
  • Simotorsport
    Roma Ljubchik
    Місто герой Київ

Болею за: обгоны
    Любимая марка: Mercedes
    Любимая трасса: Green Heaven, i mean Hell

Отправлено 29 Апрель 2012 - 17:41

it will be great to meet u on the track again

- Why do we race?
- Why do you breathe?

Posted Image

#7 CasparGTL

CasparGTL
  • Участник
    Caspar de Jonge

Отправлено 30 Апрель 2012 - 00:10

Come on guys, race reports!!!

Haha, kidding.
Have a good night sleep and tell us tomorrow. :nice:

#8 Pandamasque

Pandamasque
  • Администратор

Kyiv

Отправлено 30 Апрель 2012 - 00:11

REPLAY + LOG | PROVISIONAL RESULTS :checkeredflag:

Thanks to everyone who took part and fought till the end. I'm too exhausted to write much now. I guess I'll share my thoughts on the race after I get some sleep. It has been a long day :)

#9 CasparGTL

CasparGTL
  • Участник
    Caspar de Jonge

Отправлено 30 Апрель 2012 - 08:38

Well done DEniiiiiiiis!

#10 Michel Vaillant

Michel Vaillant
  • Посетитель
    Aurelien Hamart
    Marrakech

Отправлено 30 Апрель 2012 - 12:46

As Caspar said, it was a superb event regarding the organization.
We had a tremendous race untill my game crashed.
The fight with Lasphin/Botnarenko should have last for 12H I think.

We will be back soon here, keep the forum updated with new races and you'll heard of us soon enough... :biggrin:
When an enduro will be ready at SJ, we will send you an invite too.

Have a good day, good rest and take care.

#11 Pandamasque

Pandamasque
  • Администратор

Kyiv

Отправлено 30 Апрель 2012 - 22:09

Thanks to everyone who took part and fought till the end. And congratulations to all the finishers, it takes a lot to survive 12 hours at this bumpy track.
I have to admit that the preparation didn't go as smooth as I had hoped. Not a lot of teams signed up. Perhaps it's because of comparatively lacking promotion (unfortunately my emails sent to VirtualR and BSR that once covered community events like this were ignored), or because we never staged events that reached out beyond Eastern Europe and many had little trust in an unknown organizer like SCU. And then to make it worse several teams dropped out days before the event.

When that technical trouble happened on Sunday morning just an hour before the start... my breakfast was truly ruined :gy: I thought "Why today, of all days?! That's it, now we're done" :facepalm: . Thankfully the teams didn't give up or show any panic, and just let the organizers worry about what to do with all this. I guess that's what the spirit of endurance is all about: not giving up. Just one team was apparently put off by the 1 hour 'heat delay' and called it quits 5 minutes in. I guess they wouldn't last the race with that attitude. In about 40 mins the tech guys fixed half of the air-conditioning system, the temp dropped from 'f***ing boiling' to simply 'very hot' which is apparently enough for servers to function :) The race went on almost as planned so a few hours in I could concentrate on driving.

Words cannot do justice to what my team mates have done. That was incredible. I had 3 spins, one of which to avoid a GT car that struggled to decide whether to go right or left and 2 of my own making. Despite those we had no repairs and no unscheduled pit-stops for 12 hours. Somewhere Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich is very jealous. :P
Other SImotorsport cars performed similarly brilliantly, one wasn't so lucky with the connection and dropped out from the lead.

Anyways, when we think of another big event like this, we'll make sure we have much more teams interested before going forward with it. The depth of the field and the lack of multi-class racing experience displayed by some of the drivers were the only real issues with the event. Other that that, I'm happy.

#12 CasparGTL

CasparGTL
  • Участник
    Caspar de Jonge

Отправлено 30 Апрель 2012 - 23:38

I felt SO bad when the server crashed, also for the organisation. That must have been a BAD feeling.
But indeed it's enduro and if you quit after 5 min. ....well.....
I'll be honest about our own bad luck.
We're not sure if we would enter again when the race is run in race mode instead of practice mode.
I like race mode, but now so much effort was shattered by a computer glitch at two of Simjunkies teams and we were so so dissapointed.
12H of good luck is a lot to ask imo.
Anywho, that's then, this is now.
Good job all and congrats to the winners!

#13 Pandamasque

Pandamasque
  • Администратор

Kyiv

Отправлено 04 Май 2012 - 06:09

OFFICIAL RESULTS

Evgeniy Lapshin asked me translate this bit for you:

I don’t have that much to say about the race itself, as unfortunately our main opponents SimJunkies Vaillante dropped out :( What a shame. The start promised nothing but a 12-hour long dogfight, there was barely anything between us pace wise. After SimJunkies had disconnected our race pretty much turned into a testing session.
Aurelien, Ronny and Caspar were a solid team with no weak links in it, a real pleasure to battle with! Thank you!

#14 CasparGTL

CasparGTL
  • Участник
    Caspar de Jonge

Отправлено 04 Май 2012 - 07:14

Thanks for the kind words Evgeny!
It was a bummer indeed that we couldn't fight for 12H.

Now I understand why there are so few reports. We just can't read them, haha.
Shame though. Would love to see more reports.

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 1

0 пользователей, 1 гостей, 0 скрытых пользователей